The business environment is a highly dynamic one i.e. constantly changing. This gives rise to a number of everyday workplace challenges. In this dynamic environment, business organizations should have the ability to forecast upcoming changes, and also make changes within the internal structure of the organization so as to reduce the impact. These changes require workforce that is skilled, knowledgeable, flexible and adaptive. This is the reason that more and more organizations today provide employee education programs.
Today, organizations are looking to hire people who are willing to go that extra mile. They are willing to invest a whole lot of time and money by providing employee training and development opportunities to retain the employees and also ensure job satisfaction. Just the way organizations work towards a goal, every individual whether in a job or having a business has a goal to achieve. The idea is to integrate the organization’s goals with the goals of the employee.
What is employee education?
Employee education in simple terms implies providing training and development opportunities to employees so as to make them job fit. It involves learning a particular skill. Learning is the process that causes a permanent change in the behaviour of an individual.
The importance of employee education can be summarised as follows:
1) Ensures higher level of job satisfaction
2) Helps reduce employee resistance to change
3) Makes employees more job fit
4) Improves profitability of the organization
5) Improves productivity of the employee
6) Helps reduce costs in terms of both time and money as the employee is able to perform faster and is more confident in times of adversity.
7) Creates opportunities of personal growth for the employee
8) Provides a competitive edge to the organization as happier and skilled employees perform better
9) Employees are willing to go that extra mile when they notice that the organization recognizes their work and is concerned about them.
10) Better employee management and human resource practices
Types of Programmes
Business organizations offer education and skill development opportunities by providing:
1) On the job training
Training provided to employees while performing the actual job to be carried out.
2) Off the job training
Training provided away from the actual workplace. This could be classroom training, lectures, role playing, case studies etc.
3) Executive training
Organizations nominate employees for such programmes. These programmes are offered by business schools and are like educational degree programmes, say an MBA. The employee is awarded with a certificate of completion at the end of the programme. The complete expenses for this are borne by the organization.
The Atakkusu Group
The Atakkusu group is a Japanese company with operations spread across various cities of Japan. The two main services provided by the group are employee training and business consultancy. The scope of the consultancy services extends from corporate taxation, accounting strategies, management consultancy, to sales support guidance etc.